|The Temple of Elemtal Evil|
|Prerequisites||Find the temple of and defeat the evil hobgoblin Dizterlitz within 80 days.|
|Rewards||Tome of Magic will now appear.|
|The Mertwig Fever||King Maker|
The only quest with a final battle at its end, the Temple of Elemental Evil Quest is a good way to showcase your battle prowess in a final showdown. Although you can enter the temple at any time, it is best to spend as many of your 80 days as possible leveling up and getting better gear.
- Play a high-powered late-game class here - your hobbits and rogues will have little to offer in this final showdown.
- Carry several health potions (or health spells if wizard/cleric) to replenish while in battle.
- Carry a spare weapon should you fumble.
- Do not waste time here (going for mini quest or exploring caves), you just got 80 days and you should spend you time leveling up your character.
- Before fighting with Diterlitz, remember to have high attack and defense, attcking Diterlitz with a club is just such.. "Ah, child's play" for him..
- Bless yourself before fighting him, a +2 blessing to your rolls will kick him in the pancreas..
- It is better to rush in uninvited rather than lockpicking Diterlitz entrance though, and don't forget to check out traps, sometimes they are poisoned..
- Carry medicinal or antidote potions because you will not know whether you are going to be diseased or poisoned by Diterlitz..
- Pepperthumb's cake makes the difference between life and death here, always carry one or more, it saved me once :-)
- If you are quite prepared from arms to toe, but end up frogged ;-( ..well it's just those bad days where you are just unlucky.. just die with honour..